5th January Current Affairs news 2017, Daily GK Quaestion & Ans: Check here latest current news and GK questions. Here you can get collection of Gk quiz happen on 5th January 2016. Applicants check daily updates of Current Affairs news 2017, Current Affairs news 2016 India, Current Affairs Quiz, Current Affairs Today here that will help you to get current news and question related to General Knowledge. Keep visit to www.jobonweb.in for more.
Daily GK updates 5th January 2017, Current Affairs questions with Answers
RK Mathur appointed 8th Chief Information Commissioner
According to news Radha Krishna Mathur (Former Defence Secretary ) appointed as a 8th Chief Information Commissioner (CIC) of the Central Information Commission.
- RK Mathur is retired IAS officer from Tripura cadtre
Wipro appoints New CEO Abid Ali Neemuchwala
India’s largest IT company wipro appointed Abid Ali Neemuchwala as new CEO and Member of the Board of the company. Abid Ali Neemuchwala working as chief operating officer (COO) of the Wipro since April 2015.
- Abid Ali Neemuchwala was working in Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) before joining Wipro from 23 years.
e-Vahan Bima Scheme launches in Telangana State
Telangana IT & Panchyat Raj Minister K.Rama Rao has launched new scheme with name of e-Vahan Bima Scheme on Saturday. This e-vahan bima scheme issues by Telangana Government to legally accept motor vehicle insurance policy in digital form.
- The e-Vahan Bima is an electronic motor Bima policy developed in digital form. It has Quick Response (QR) code to scan for verification of policy details. This also have SMS-based verification.
India beat Afghanistan 2-1 and won SAFF football championships
Indian football team has won South Asian Football Federation (SAFF) championship by beating Afghanistan with 2-1. Indian team had been this SAFF championships in year 1993, 1997, 1999, 2005, 2009 and 2011.
- Countries that participate in Championship: India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Afghanistan, Maldives and Pakistan.
Some important Current Affairs
- Tamilnadu States has launched Amma Seeds scheme.
- Atul Sobti has been appointed as the CMD of Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL).
- Hollywood Actor Richard Gere today met with PM Narendra Modi.
- Arvind Panagariya has appointed as vice chairman of NITIAyoga.