Today Daily GK Updates 1st June 2016 is available now for you. Check here latest GK Topics and related questions & answers.
Daily GK Updates 1st June 2016, Current Affairs 1st June 2016, Today G.K Questions Updates: Nominees are who preparing for several govt competitive exams and if they all want to prepare their General Knowledge (GK) subject then they can read latest updates on our post. We have updated Daily GK Updates 1st June 2016 and Today General awareness Questions / Answers with covering all latest trends and topics i.e. award, books, sports fields, national and international affairs, trades / economics. Here you can check latest and updated questions of GK.
Daily GK Updates 1st June 2016, Current Affairs June Month
Today Current Affairs Quiz:
Indian Railways, PEC sign MoU to set up Kalpana Chawla Chair on geospatial technology:
- The PEC University of Technology of Chandigarh & Union Ministry of Railways has signed a MOU for setting up of Kalpana Chawla Chair on Geospatial Technology for Indian Railways at the University.
- The aim of the chair is to promote research activities of Indian Railways in Geospatial Technology.
- The Chair will be headed as Chairman by V.K. Gupta and Manoj Arora as Co – chairman.
India pursuit to 41st slot on competitiveness ranking:
- India raised its standard ranked in the IMD world Competitiveness Scoreboard 2016 at 41st
- Hong Kong takes the place of US by the world’s most competitive economy.
India and US to sign 2 key pacts during Homeland Security Dialogue:
The Ist deal which is feasibly to be signed will exculpated legendary Indian citizens from transmigration checks in American and the other one macadamize the way for commutability of information to terrorists on a real time basis.
- India and U. S are all set to signature the 2 key agreements in the month of July throughout the Homeland Security Dialogue, the Indian delegacy will be lead by the Home Minister Rajnath Singh while the US team would be headed by Secretary of Homeland Security Jeh Charles Johnson.
No tax deduction for PF withdrawals of up to Rs 50,000 from June 1:
- The govt has informed that it has raised the vestibule limit of PF withdrawal for deduction of tax (TDS) from existing Rs 30,000 to Rs 50,000.
- So there will be no deduction for PF withdrawals of upto Rs. 50,000.
Arunachal tiger reserve bags biodiversity award:
- Pakke Tiger reserve in East Kameng district of Arunachal Pradesh has received the “India Biodiversity Award 2016” in one of its four categories.
- The Hornbill Nest Adoption Programme of the Pakke Tiger Reserve was awarded the prize under the category, “conservation of threatened species”.
- It is a joint initiative of the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, National Biodiversity Authority and United Nations Development programme.
Ashok Lavasa named as Finance Secretary:
- Ashok Lavasa has been designed as the Finance Secretary by the appointments committee of cabinet (ACC) headed by PM Narendra Modi.
- He was recently appointed as the Secretary, Expenditure in the Finance Ministry.
Alastair Cook becomes youngest cricketer to score 10000 test runs:
- England Captain Alastair Cook became the youngest cricketer to complete 10,000 runs in test cricket.
- Till now, this record was owned by Indian star Sachin Tendulkar.
Former Lok Sabha MP Rudra Madhab Ray passes away:
- Former Lok Sabha MP from Odisha & Senior BJP leader Rudra Madhab Ray has passed away. He was 79 year old.
- He was elected to the Odisha Assembly three times from Daspalla constituency.