Daily GK Updates 2nd June 2016, Today GK Questions with Answers: Applicants are preparing for several govt competitive exams and if they wish to prepare their GK (General Knowledge) subjects then they can get latest updated news from here. We have updated Daily GK Updates 2nd June 2016, Current Affairs June 2016 and Today GK Questions Answers with covering all latest and updated trends and topics that is award, books, sports fields, national and international affairs, trades / economics.
Daily GK Updates 2nd June 2016, Today GK Questions Answers
4 Month window to disclose black money opens:
The Income Declaration Scheme which looks to gives an chance to all person who have not declared their income correctly in last years to come forward and declare undisclosed incomes, will open today and will remain in force till September 30th, 2016.
World’s longest and deepest rail tunnel has inaugurated in Switzerland:
- The world’s longest and deepest rail tunnel, running under the Switzerland Alps, has inaugurated today in Switzerland.
- The 57 Kilo Meter long Gotthard Base Tunnel has connected Northern & Southern Europe or it can shorten travel time for many rail routes.
- This tunnel was built in around 17 years by 2,400 workers, which cost of over 12 billion dollars.
- The full service of this tunnel will begin in December.
Nomura lowers India’s GDP growth to 7.7% for FY17:
- Nomura today marked down India’s GDP growth predict around 7.7 cent for the current fiscal, from 7.8 % earlier, saying there is still no sign of an export or private capex turnaround.
- The Indian economy grew at 7.9 % in the fourth quarter of 2015-2016 taking the overall GDP growth for the last fiscal to a five year high of 7.6 %.
India & Morocco launch Chamber of Commerce and Industry:
- The India & Morocco have launched the India-Morocco Chamber of Commerce & Industry (IMCCI) in Rabat which was inaugurated by Indian Vice President (VP) Mohammad Hamid Ansari and Moroccan Prime Minister (PM) Abdelilah Benkirane.
- The India-Morocco Chamber of Commerce and Industry (IMCCI) aims to accelerate the pace of economic development between the two countries.
- The India-Morocco Chamber will focus on the requirements of both sides and will also help them to achieve their trade target.
Prime Minister releases National Disaster management Plan:
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has declared the National Disaster Management Plan (NDMP).
- This is the first ever national plan prepared in the country.
- The plan covers all phases of disaster management like prevention, mitigation, response and recovery.
- It provides for horizontal and vertical integration among all the agencies and departments of the Government.
- The plan also spells out the roles and responsibilities of all levels of Government right up to Panchayat and Urban Local Body level in a matrix format.
- The plan has a regional approach, which will be beneficial not only for disaster management but also for development planning.
Govt raises retirement age of doctors to 65:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved to enhance Superannuation age of all doctors in Central Health Service to 65 years. This decision will benefit about 4,000 doctors.
- Bollywood actor and Comedian Razzak Khan pass away:
- Famous comic star Razzak Khan, who is popularly known for his comic roles in movies, has passed away after having a heart attack in Mumbai.
- Razzak has worked with many stars including Salman Khan, Govinda and Shah Rukh Khan over the years in movies like Hello Brother, Hungama, Badshah and Hera Pheri.
India and World Bank sign agreement for efficient bus service:
- The Govt of India and the World Bank has signed a 9.2 million US dollar grant agreement under the World Bank – Global Environment Facility (GEF) Programme for the Efficient and Sustainable City Bus Service Project.
- The project aims to improve the efficiency of the transport and reduce greenhouse gas emissions in selected Indian cities which include: Chandigarh, Jaipur and Mira Bhayandar municipality in the Thane district of Maharashtra.
Sri Lanka’s Nuwan Kulasekara retires from test cricket:
- Sri Lanka seamer Nuwan Kulasekara has declared his retirement from Tests to focus on limited – overs cricket.
- The right-arm pacer has represented Sri Lanka in 21 Test matches and picked up 48 wickets since making his debut in April 2005.
- He has also won the best bowler award in the 2002-2003 domestic competition.