Daily GK Updates 6th June 2016: Hello dear readers, here we cover the some important news in the session of Current Affairs so that you can get latest and updated news for the exam preparation use. We have updated Current Affairs daily and Today GK Questions Answers with covering all the latest trends and topics like award, books, sports fields, national and international affairs, trades / economics. Check our Daily GK Updates 6th June 2016 and review yourself by participating in online mock exams available on our site. Here Candidates can get also daily news about sports, trade/economics, award and others fields.
Government Jobs 2016
Daily GK Updates 6th June 2016, Current GK, General Knowledge Questions
Today GK Questions Answers:
Suresh Prabhu launches tiger express train on the WED:
- In terms of Budget Announcement 2016-17, Minister of Railways Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu flagged off the inaugural run of the Tiger Trail Circuit Train from Delhi Safdarjung Station.
- Suresh Prabhu who was on tour to Mumbai, flagged off this train through video conferencing between Mumbai and Delhi.
- The launch of this Tiger Express on World Environment Day is to highlight the significance of environment in our lives. The Railway Minister took personal interest in conceptualizing this train. This tourist train will be operated by Indian Railway PSU namely Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC).
Veteran actor Sulabha Deshpande passed away:
- Eminent actor and theatre personality Sulabha Deshpande passed away 4 June 2016 in Mumbai. She was 79. Deshpande was considered to be one of the pioneers of the experimental theatre movement that swept Mumbai in the 1970s. Sasikumar appointed as new MD of SBT: CR Sasikumar has taken over as managing director of state of bank of Travancore (SBT), one of the associate banks of state bank of India (SBI).
- Prior to the present posting in SBT, he was Deputy Managing Director, Inspection & Management Audit, at SBI Corporate Centre in Hyderabad.
- State Bank of Travancore (SBT), is a subsidiary of the State Bank Group and also has private shareholders. It is the premier bank of Kerala, India.
Indian Navy pledges 1.5 percent of its Works Budget towards renewable energy generation:
- The Green initiatives programme of the Indian Navy completes two years on World Environment Day. Over this period considerable impetus has been given to reduce the overall carbon footprint of the Navy.
- Being a responsible and multidimensional force, the Indian Navy believes in an all inclusive and sustainable growth. Accordingly, the focus has not only been on correcting its ‘impact’ on the energy and environmental footprint, but also to address the root cause of the problem, which lies in the way energy is used.
India, Tunisia sign MoUs for Co-Operation in IT, Handicraft sector:
- India and Tunisia signed Memorandum of Understanding for co-operation in information technology and promotion of traditional handicrafts.
- The MoUs were signed after the delegation level talks between the two countries in the presence of Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari and Tunisian Prime Minister Habib Essid in Tunis.
Khattar inaugurates “Jai Jawan Awas Yojna”:
- Chief Minister of Haryana, Manohar Lal Khattar laid the foundation stone of Jai Jawan Awas Yojna (JJAY), an initiative to provide affordable housing to serving and retired JCOs and Other Ranks at Bahadurgarh, Haryana.
- Shri Manohar Lal Khattar, added that over 3000 Ex Servicemen will be inducted into Haryana Police.
India and Qatar signed seven agreements:
- India and Qatar signed seven agreements, including on investment and tourism promotion, following delegation level talks headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Qatar Emir Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani. WED observed with theme Zero tolerance for the illegal trade in wildlife: World Environment Day (WED) was observed globally on 5th June 2016 with theme Zero Tolerance for the illegal trade in wildlife.
- The day aims at inspiring more people to take action to prevent the growing strain on Earth’s natural systems from reaching the breaking point.